A lot of people have problems getting a mortgage or remortgage due to current or previous credit problems.
These may include:
- late payments on loans and credit cards
- bad debts
- mortgage arrears (perhaps culminating in repossession)
- decrees (similar to a CCJ in England & Wales)
- previous sequestration (similar to personal bankruptcy in England & Wales)
- trust deeds (the Scottish equivalent of an IVA in England & Wales).
If credit problems are stopping you getting a mortgage, or if your existing lender is threatening you with repossession, don’t panic.
At Scotland Mortgages we’ll put you in touch with a mortgage broker who will do their best to help you whatever your situation.
Simply complete our mortgage enquiry form and we will arrange for a mortgage broker who specialises in finding bad credit mortgages and remortgages for people with credit problems to contact you right away for a confidential no-obligation discussion.
For more in-depth information on bad credit mortgages, please visit our sister site Clean Slate Mortgages.